Presbyterian Medical Services Increases Course Completions with User-Friendly LMS
Founded in 1969, Presbyterian Medical Services (PMS) provides medical care, counseling, education, child/senior services, homecare and hospice to the underserved communities of New Mexico.
- As a highly regulated non-profit healthcare organization, PMS needed an LMS that could meet training requirements of multiple governing bodies
- By automating training notifications with the eSSential LMS, PMS is able to ensure employees are in compliance with training requirements
- The eSSential LMS allows PMS to tracking all of its blended learning activities for accurate reporting
- The superior LMS user experience has led to more course completions, and greater training compliance
- What used to be a complicated audit process is now just a simple report with transcripts readily available in the LMS
As a non-profit medical services provider, Presbyterian Medical Services (PMS) must manage annual staff training requirements and report to multiple funding and regulatory agencies on a continual basis. PMS administrators faced numerous limitations with their current LMS that made their already substantial workload even heavier, including:
- Employees could not be notified of training requirements automatically through the LMS, so admins had to individually email every employee when training was required
- Course completion data could not be saved in the LMS or accessed later for reporting purposes
- End users had to manually print course completion documentations and administrators had to request copies in order to keep records
- Administrators did not have any of the necessary documentation at their disposal for auditors
- Live training sessions could not be tracked through the LMS
- Training compliance was decreasing because employees found the LMS difficult to use
the elogic solution
PMS chose the eSSential LMS because of its superior functionality with emphasis on automatic notifications and transcripts. During implementation, historical data from PMS’s previous system was extracted and imported into eSSential as the main company database.
PMS was then able to input each element of their training in the eSSential LMS. Live training sessions were added using event scheduling to simplify sign up and reporting. Online modules in approximately 20 topic areas were uploaded so employees could have access to training on their own schedules. PMS configured the eSSential LMS to reflect their brand and company culture as well.
PMS administrators have received a great amount of positive feedback from employees after implementing eSSential. Employees are extremely pleased with eSSential’s ease of use and they take advantage of convenient features such as Outlook calendar sync for live training events. The rapid adoption rate of the LMS has improved compliance throughout the organization. Automatic notifications have freed administrators from sending individual emails to employees, saving valuable time.
The eSSential LMS has drastically improved PMS’s auditing process. Live trainings can now be tracked in the LMS and included on each individual’s transcript along with online certifications. Administrators can pull real-time transcript reports to share up-to-date compliance data with auditors. Auditors now consider PMS’s use of the eSSential LMS to be a standard for best practices in the state.