LMS Users Can Find the Training They Need Fast
The eSSential LMS simplifies the process of finding the right training at the right time.
Catalog Search Key Features
Curriculum Assignment Business Rules
- Curriculum Assignment Wizard lets admins control access to different parts of the catalog
- Intuitive grouping options (examples):
- Organizational structure
- Job classification
- Primary language
- License/certification held, etc.
- Anyone familiar with web search engines (Google, Bing, Yahoo) will know how to search using the eSSential Basic Search
- The search box is always available and at the bottom of the navigation window
- Basic search functionality searches the entire catalog (based on the rules admins set)
- Searches will return Courses, ILT events, Learning Paths, or Library Items
- If a user cannot find what they are looking for with basic search, they can use the advanced search to search by a combination of variables
- Search by Category, Keyword, Curriculum Number, CEU Values, Curriculum Manager, etc.
Calendar Search for Live Training
- For the users who prefer to visualize their training options in a calendar layout, the calendar search feature shows a quick view of training available on any given day.
- Search by Category, Instructor, Facility, Curriculum Name, City, State, Start Time, etc.
- Calendar Search Features:
- View available seats
- Join a waitlist if the event is full
- Add the event to Outlook/Google/Lotus Notes calendar after registering
- Review the details of the event
- Send users directly to training with a registration link
- Publish “Register Now” links anywhere you can paste a hyperlink (webpages, emails, etc.) with a direct registration URL
External eCommerce Search
For companies who enable the eSSential eCommerce functionality.
- Shoppers can browse the catalog and add items to their shopping cart without being logged into the system
- The external search will drive the buyer to a New or Returning User page when they are ready to complete their purchase and checkout
- Assign portions of your catalog to different user groups so users only see the part of the catalog that is relevant to their needs
- The search results give the user a summary of the curriculum objectives at a glance, with the option to see more details
- Users can register for training right from the search results page