As the leader of North America’s bulk transportation services, Quality Distribution (QDI) and its affiliated companies transport much of the chemicals and liquids used in consumer and industry based manufacturing in North America. With thousands of trucks moving from hundreds of stations throughout the continent, QDI operates a vast logistics and transport enterprise that supports many of the largest organizations in the world.
QDI remains committed to safe, responsible, and ethical operations. They have earned and strives to maintain a solid reputation of reliability and dependability.
- Being in the highly regulated transportation industry, Quality Distribution needed an LMS to track compliance with 100% accuracy
- Quality Distribution achieved cost savings by managing training and development across multiple locations with a single solution – the eSSential LMS
- Integrating the eSSential LMS with Quality Distributions’ current systems and branding helped to save time and increase efficiency
- Quality Distribution now has a successful blended learning program to manage licensing, certifications and competencies
With thousands of drivers and support personnel at hundreds of locations throughout North America, QDI needed a way to train its employees economically and quickly on safety and company policy. At the same time, QDI needed to maintain the high standards that have made them the leader in the bulk transportation industry.
QDI needed the capability track compliance with state and federal regulations on training and produce audit reports confirming employee compliance with applicable regulations.
"Coupled with face-to-face instruction, QDI’s University of Excellence is arguably the most innovative, practical and immersive training and compliance program in the bulk transport industry today.”
The eLogic Solution
eLogic Learning delivered the eSSential LMS to QDI in 2006. The platform is hosted by eLogic Learning following the Software as a Service licensing model. The application was configured to seamlessly fit within the QDI environment setting up familiar branding using the QDI University of Excellence theme. The eLogic Learning team partnered with their counterparts at QDI to design a blended learning solution combining e-Learning, Instructor-led Training, Certifications/Licenses, and Competency Management. The solution now supports operations across the continent and is used at all QDI facilities.
QDI’s internal training staff has built a comprehensive library of bulk transportation courses as well as general use off-the-shelf content from eLogic Learning partners. Coupled with face to face instruction, QDI’s University of Excellence is arguably the most innovative, practical and immersive training and compliance program in the bulk transport industry today.
The platform manages live and online training, tracks and awards internal certifications and greatly assists in assuring compliance with OSHA and DOT regulations on training.
- They have an e-Learning catalog of over 180 courses (part internally developed and part purchased from third party providers).
- Over 3,900 users located across the United States have received training through the e-Learning catalog.
- The combination of ILT and e-Learning courses have led to over 29,000 trainings completed through the LMS.
- This blended learning approach has resulted in significant cost savings and assurance tracking of compliance for employees.
WHAT WILL YOUR SUCCESS STORY LOOK LIKE?
Contact us today to discuss how we can help you exceed your learning and development goals.